Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Today, I woke up around 1AM, fed our sweet little 7 week old, fell back asleep, and was up once an hour until about 630AM. At 630 I got up, did a few sit-ups, made myself a cup of coffee (with sugar-free creamer - hazelnut!) and cleaned our downstairs. I came back upstairs to be greeted by a "mama!" from my almost three-year-old son. I went into his bedroom, said good morning, and asked how he slept, upon which his only response was "where's my phone?" so that he could play Angry Birds, Jetpack, Temple Run, or some other App on his Ipod that he calls his "phone." Next he ran into our master bedroom asking "where's my baby brudder" which is usually his first question every single morning, he is such a good big brother. I showed him where he was and he went over, kissed him, said "awww, goodmorning baby brother, I missed you" and started playing his phone. It's probably 715 at this point.

I continued getting myself ready for the mornings activities. Xavier (my oldest) has soccer every Saturday at 9AM. It honestly is something I don't look forward to going to most days, because he just is too young to really grasp it all, and after 15 minutes is ready to go home. I have to give it my all to keep him entertained for that next 30 minutes of practice, and pretend that "I'm going to go love on all the other boys then" just to get him to keep up. This was our third week into it. Surprisingly, he did a lot better than I expected. He got way more into it than he did the previous two weeks. And, as usual, it only lasted for fifteen minutes. He kept wanting me, then his dada Ty, then me, then his baby brother, then his dada Ty... then the grass... then nothing... then me... and this went on for a while. He looks forward to the stamp that Coach Jesse gives the kids at the end, but only if they listen well! Well, today, Coach Jessie forgot the stamp, as I'm thinking... God, please don't tell me I sat here through 45 min of this for my child to get a stamp only to have to tell him he won't get one this week...(one of my tricks is to keep saying "If you don't go participate Coach Jessie won't give you a stamp!")... as he went to go grab an extra stamp another coach had it literally started pouring rain. My husband ran to the car with our newborn, as I waited for that stupid stamp.. it started pouring harder... and it's cold to top it off. I looked around and saw parents jetting it to their cars, and realized it was time I do the same before my khaki pants become complete see through pants. Xavier (who is uninterested for 30 min by this point in soccer) starts screaming, "but I want to play soccer!!" Really child? So for 30 minutes of me trying everything I can to get you to play and couldn't you NOW want to play soccer as I'm running to the car?
We made it to the car, a soaking mess, and no stamp.

We get home, and immediately he and Ty start playing. Those two feed off of each others energy. My morning wasn't slowing down just yet though, I still needed to thaw out breast milk for our newborn, clean more so that when the delivery guys arrive with our new King Bed (that we got so that our children have more room of course) the house wouldn't be a total disaster, get Xavier dressed and cleaned up for his dad to come get him, get his things packed, scrub the nasty crockpot that has been sitting in the sink for two days full of burnt chili, fill the dishwasher, ... should I keep going? Does my job ever end? 45 Min later, after a time out because he wouldn't get dressed, Xavier's dad get's him. I hand him the BBQ chips Xavier had to have and apples that I packed, gave him a big kiss, and watched him leave. I walked back in, and quiet.

I've still kept myself busy, ran to the bank, changed my last name (Finally) on my account, went to another bank and deposited money, went to Target and got our King Size comforter, called my mom and called my sister, picked up Gramma's pizza, and now here I am... laying next to Trent while my husband is in the garage working writing this & watching House Hunter's as the baby drinks his yummy bottle of nice warm breastmilk. "Laying" is the keyword here.

I miss Xavier. I miss the chaotic rugrat.

Monday morning cannot come soon enough, and while most complain about having to wake up for work, I've probably already been up once an hour and can't wait to be up for good at 5AM because at 6AM is when I pick up Xavier again. My kids = my life, if you cannot tell.



No comments:

Post a Comment